Lasers and Lifts – new website delayed again! Adding new videos -due mid Nov 2016. 140 pages of information. 80 videos so will be worth it.
Google + for up to date info. Posted daily.
As you can see, skin care is as individual as you are. Everyone will have their own unique skin care range including their favorite cleanser, moisturizer active ingredient, and even procedure. Mine is depends on the season, I like a more fluid moisturizer like LRP or La Roche Posay light Hydraphase during summer, and Obaji Hydrate during winter. Procedure wise- I keep my routine simple. VITA or vitamin A peel once a month, and Picosure Focus once or twice a year. Minimal downtime, maximal results.
Here are some other skin care tips-
1. Avoid hot showers that can be drying. I never wash my face with hot water–it’s too harsh. Only tepid-warm water at the sink, I don’t scrub my face as it can be irritating.
2. Hydrate your skin from the inside out
Despite what you hear all the time, the amount of water you drink daily doesn’t translate into proper skin hydration. It’s vital to hydrate your skin from the outside in with a moisturizer.
3. Apply sunscreen to your neck, chest, ears and hands first.
Apply sunscreen to the neck, chest, and hands before the face–these areas age faster and are harder to improve than the face. Don’t forget your ears- especially for men. We often forget to apply sunscreen there even though they’re exposed as much as the face.
4. Let your lips guide your skin care routine. One tip to know when your skin is ready for seriously creamy moisturizers: Your lips feel dry first, so you know the humidity has dropped, and it’s time for more moisture. A great all round lip moisturier is Lucas Paw Paw ointment, or for more serious hydration Elizabeth Arden 8 hour Cream. Did you know this was designed for her horses? True- Google it and you see she initially made this cream formulation for her stable of horses.
5. Never fly without SPF and a good moisturizer. Regardless, a daily sunscreen should be part of your routine, however did you know that UVA goes through airplane windows? Cabin humidity is low in all airplanes, and hence I use a extra hydrating moisturizer after every flight.
6. Keep your skin care simple if you have sensitive skin like eczema, seb derm, or rosacea. Using products like AHAs and vitamin A can, and often will flare up your condition. See a medical dermatologist for skin care tips. For skin rejuvenation in these patients I often use lasers- V Beam Pulse Dye laser for rosacea, and Picosure Focus or Clear and Brilliant are gentle lasers that actually work!
Thanks for viewing this video, remember to subscribe for more info. One new video every Saturday morning, Brisbane time.
Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist Brisbane, Australia.